Sunday, November 28, 2004

Random Thoughts and Observations from the Thanksgiving Holiday

Thankful to be back in Tallahassee after an abnormally long odyssey from Orlando. Hit much traffic between Orlando and Gainesville. A drive which would usually take around 2 hours ended up taking 2 and a half. Glad to be out of stop and go traffic...finally.

Clementine isn't at her usual perch, I'm getting worried. She wasn't there last Sunday night either. Maybe she migrated south to warmer weather. I hope she didn't, it was fun watching her.

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas. On the drive back I saw porch lights twinkling at me as I sped by on the interstate. Reminded me of something I've seen in a movie. The Bing Crosby Christmas CD we listened to only added to the feeling. I'm glad Christmas is almost here. I miss being at home and not having to worry about school and papers, although that seemed to be the hot topic between my friends and I over the weekend. "How's school going this semester?" "Are you ready for finals?" "Do you have to write any papers once you get back?" "What's your major again?" Hard to escape school when that's all you can think about, like a two ton piano hung above your head by a weak thread being chewed by a malicious rat named Percy who is suffering from the plague and a serious case of jealous because he never got a college education [absolutely dying to insert stab at rival college, straining to resist].

Wireless networking is wonderful.

Chasing the Sunset. We started heading west on I-10 around dusk. The sky was mostly dark blue, off in the distance it was pink and red and orange. We drove and drove, but the sky wouldn't dim completely. I found this strange, the sun usually sets quickly, but not this time, we were chasing the sunset. We had been on I-10 for over an hour when the sun finally fell into a deep slumber. I was envious.

I had more thoughts than this over the break, I have just forgotten them already. I guess they weren't important.

No comments: