Thursday, July 21, 2005

A Recurring Thought

At my place of work, there is a walkway connecting the two sides of the second floor. At one end stands an ultra high security door (you just need the right I-Disk to get in, so...that was sarcasm) guarding the entrance into the Donation Services section. I use this door multiple times in the day, seeing as it is one of the three pathways to the restrooms, to which I make frequent trips, not because of bladder problems, but because you don't have to do as much work when you go to the restroom eight times in the day. Okay, slight exaggeration, but not by much. Anyway, back to the door. Every time I walk through it and step onto the short bridge, I think for some reason that there will some time cease to be a bridge there, and instead of resting my foot on solid ground, I fall through the space in a Harry Potter, Hogwarts Castle kind of moment and find myself crashing to a stop on the first floor, undoubtedly breaking bones and probably spraining my ankle again. By the time I'm done contemplating this imagined disaster, I've already crossed the bridge and have started down the long wall adorned with award winning Worldwide Challenge pictures from decades past (my favorites being the one of the Filipino kid watching Jesus film, the little girl in the Church in some eastern European country, or the one of the guy and his grandson hanging out the window in some eastern European country).

Speaking of Harry Potter and Hogwarts Castle, anyone finished the 6th book yet? I finished last night, and I have to say, it was really really good. That is as far as I will go, so as not to spoil it for people (not that anyone actually reads this thing). I have only one question: when is the next one coming out?

Oh, for anyone who cares, I got an e-mail from the guy keeping the body count from summer project. More than 30 people total came to know Christ. Pretty cool, eh? I really should get on writing a newsletter for that. Hmmm...maybe later.

No comments: