Thursday, September 15, 2005

An 18" Man Does NOT Fit On a 16" Piece of Vellum

So it's been a while since I posted on this thing, at least since I posted anything of serious value. Well, I don't know that today will be of "serious value" but well, I'll try, mkay? My life has started to slide into a routine. Now that I'm twenty, I feel older, more responsible, and better able to get up at 8 o'clock when I must. Actually, no, that's a lie. Now that I'm twenty, I feel more disoriented, crazy scared about my future, and ready to attack my alarm clock if it tells me to get my butt out of bed one more time. I think the only responsible thing I've done in the last week was deposit my financial aid check (hurray for financial aid), and buy toilet paper when we (everyone in the house) found that our stockpile was completely depleted.

I'd have to say that my favorite class is Drafting by far, except when I. gives us an assignment which is actually impossible on the vellum we were given (hence the title of today's post). Anyway, I'm sure I'll figure something out, I have that kind of mind. Oh, and I would like to go on record and say that I absolutely love the parallel bar and the adjustable triangle, not that most people know what those are, but believe me, they're amazing. There's just something about drafting that makes sense in my brain. There's a need for meticulous attention, as well as a sense of artistry. Oh, and I get to hang a t-square on my wall, one of those items that makes me look smarter, and carry around a large plastic tube containing vellum one day a week.

Well, I don't really have anything else to say. This has definitely been one of those posts that I write just so I can look at something else on my home page when I pop open Mozilla Firefox.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe you should change into a drafting major. just a thought. :-P

Laura said...

Is there such a thing as a drafting major? I think it's usually one of those skills that's used in conjunction with something else, something much more difficult, i.e. engineering, architecture, scenic design, etc.