Monday, February 16, 2009

The Suffering of Intellect and Gums

In college, I was really good about flossing my teeth. I would do it every night as I was reading whatever I needed to read for the next day of school. It worked really well because I had those big text books that held themselves open and only needed page turning once every 5 minutes. These days, though, I'm really bad about it. Maybe once a week, if my gums are lucky. I don't do as much reading these days. This makes me sad. I like reading, but I find that I'm usually too tired to do any reading that I actually want to do, and it takes me so long to finish a book of any quality that I forget what happened in the beginning, so the entire exercise was almost pointless.

So, less flossing, less reading. My intellect and my gums suffer together.

No comments: