Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Tired and Torn

Today has been a long day, and it's only half over. I woke up this morning to R. (the maintenance man) in my bathroom with an electrician fixing the light which has been out of commission for weeks (literally). I'm glad that's back to normal, but wish they hadn't woken me up at 8AM to fix it. Anyway, I refuse to complain about that. My breakfast of non-fat plain yogurt, frozen fruit (still frozen as it was ingested into my body), honey and wheat germ (it's not as gross as it sounds) slid down my esophagus with little relish. Duh, it's fruit and yogurt, why would there be relish? Ok, bad joke. Ignore the previous sentence or two. I went to Strozier to copy monologues, and the copy machines where having a conniption. Just as I would get one working, something would happen with the cash chip on my FSU card, so I would pop it out and the copier would have a hissy fit again. A combination of psychotic copiers and poor planning made me late to Women in Lit. I got the evil eye from Dr. B. Peachy. Introduction to Anthropology was fine, it made sense. Acting class was ok too, but considering that I'm most certainly not an actress, it's a little irritating. [Side note, there's a cardinal outside my window, I wonder if he's looking for Clementine...it's ok little cardinal, she'll be back in spring...hopefully]. We did a lot of physical stuff, learning how to fall and such, which only aggravated my tired and sore body. I sit here now exhausted and ready to go to sleep. Either that or eat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wait... there's a technique to falling? why don't i know it? i seem to remember something about falling on your softer areas (i.e. buttocks, forearms, ya know that kinda thing). however, MY technique usually consists of jumping in an odd direction and landing on the parts of your bady that can hurt you the worst (i.e. hands, elbows, hips, face, clavicus [okay so i made the last one up... and i've never actually fallen onto my face, but... yeah]). anyway, i'm done rambling about nothing.
love ya sis

Laura said...

Ummm...I'm going to guess that you're squirty, cause the older one is commonly known as suave, and falling in your face is not suave. Anyway, yes, there is a technique to falling, someday I might teach you, if you're lucky. If you're not I'll just trip you and laugh as you fall improperly, muhahahahaha. Anyway, I'm going back to my homework now. Goodbye.