Friday, June 10, 2005

So Here's What's Been Happening

Lots of stuff has been happening in the last week. Saturday was a free day, cause it was kind of rainy and we were supposed to go on an island tour, but since it was rainy we didn't. Imagine that. The boys made breakfast for the girls: french toast [freedom toast???], eggs, and fruit from a can. They were very proud of themselves.


Breakfast with the Boys

Most people spent the day doing laundry and grocery shopping. Me, in my wisdom and stubborn nature, did not want to pay $7 US for a load of laundry, so I decided to do it myself in the bathtub.


Laundry Day

After spending all of Saturday up to my knees in clothes (literally), I hung them to dry on the porch. Little did I realize that the rain that kept us from going on the island tour would keep my clothes from drying...for 4 days. I think a pair jeans are still a little damp, not to mention smelling like mildew. After a couple of days of frustration, I decided to let it slide, so now it's more of a joke than anything. Needless to say, I will have my clothes laundered by someone else, preferably someone with a washer and dryer.

Sunday we went to an Anglican church, which was frankly really different for me. There were these two birds fighting on the pulpit for must of the service, which distracted me from the really nasty wine taste that was left in my mouth from communion. There was a baby that got baptized, and the father looked like P Diddy or something. We had more sessions Sunday afternoon, and a lot of hanging out.

Monday we went on our island tour, even though it was still kind of gloomy. We drove past a bunch of rich peoples homes on the west coast.


Barbara Streisand's yacht club on the west coast.

Here's some more pictures, I'm about to run out of batteries or I would tell you what they're off. I'll try to do that some other time.


The girls at north point. Front Row (L-R):Tara, Clarissa, Erica, Leah. Back Row (L-R): Me, Kim, Dana, Katie.


Bathsheba.


Rocks in Bathsheba.


St. John's Parish Church.


Someone taking some Biblical advice.

I'll post more later.

No comments: