Thursday, October 20, 2005

Unsure

I leave for Mississippi tomorrow, and I am unsure of what I will see. I am conscious that this trip, although brief, will not be easy; most things aren't if they're worth anything. I've seen pictures of Pass Christian, Mississippi before and after the hurricane. Total devastation. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but seeing it live and in person, even weeks after Katrina...let's just say that a picture, no matter how good, won't capture everything.

That being said, I'm taking along a camera, to capture my experience, and I'm sure they'll be up here soon. So frequently you see pictures of devastation and despair. I want to bring back pictures of hope.

This trip will be hard. Seeing my family's home after hurricane Charlie last August was hard enough, and the damage to our house and neighborhood, as bad as it was, cannot compete with the flattened homes in Louisiana and Mississippi.

More to come...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like your idea of trying to get pictures of hope. I'll be praying for your trip
Love you,
Amy