Wednesday, September 05, 2007

The Bard

I don't really make a big deal out of my birthday. And I don't expect much from it. I'm not really big on presents or cards or whatever else, but this year, this year my birthday present rocked. His name is Bard, and he's 5 months old.

He has also woken me up at 6 AM for the last 3 days, but somehow I don't really mind that much because he's cute and he just falls asleep on my pillow anyway. He likes sleeping on the hard wood floor beneath the dining room table, and he does that clawing thing that Buttons did when he was happy. He purrs a lot. I don't think he knows his name yet, but sometimes he'll look at me when I say it. And for some reason, he likes being on his back, even when you hold him. He's actually been sick for the last two days.

We went to the animal shelter on Saturday afternoon, not expecting to take a cat home with us (before they release the animal they have it spayed or neutered, not spayed and neutered as we said several times throughout the day). But we walked into the kennel (is it called a kennel for cats?) and there he was, the first cat we picked up. Mom liked him straight away. He was friendly, and he let us hold him the entire time without really trying to get away. Keith and I wandered around a bit, looking at the other older cats and some of the younger, but Bard eventually won out. And I'm glad he did, because he's cute, even if he does sleep all the time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cute.
-Amy