Monday, March 31, 2008

Already?

I spent an hour or so today working on my retirement plan. Yes, you read that right, retirement. I talked to a guy on the phone about diversified portfolios, and the amount of risk I'd like to take in mine, and other things which should really only be talked about in New York high rises and commercials featuring octogenarians. In the course of this misplaced conversation, I came upon a couple of slightly frightening thoughts. One, I am at the age at which I have to start thinking about the end of my life. Two, I have another 40 years or so until I can stop working, and if that's the case, I really truly hope that my job starts getting better. Three, I've done the Rubik's Cube so many times that I hardly have to be paying attention anymore. Okay, maybe that last one is just bragging. But in any case, it was strange to think that I should even be thinking about retirement. While I do live in the old people capital of the world (Exaggerating? Maybe.), I don't feel as though I should be thinking of joining their ranks any time soon.

Anyway, all of this to say, I thought it was weird. I'm currently on spring break now, which means a lot of sitting around thinking of what I should be doing and finding reasons to put it off until tomorrow.

Post Quota for March: MET! Horray for staying on schedule!

No comments: