Monday, November 02, 2009

Why I Wanted to Do NaBloPoMo

I used to write a lot. Not because I wanted to, but because I had to. Papers for various classes were always on the horizon, so I frequently got to stretch my writing muscles. Now that I'm an adult I hardly ever have to write. Ever. And I've begun to feel my writing skills atrophy. Here's a quick example: I was in ESOL class the other day (its a requirement for all teachers in OCPS to take ESOL), and the instructor was talking about dual something-or-the-other (see how much I was paying attention?), and I thought, "Duel? Like they fight each other?" I also lost any spelling ability I had.

Anyway, I've become increasingly aware of the decline of my writing skills, and I didn't want that to continue, or at least to slow the process. NaBloPoMo seemed like a good way to do it.

Side note: it was a REALLY long day for me, I was at work from 7:10 AM until 11:30 PM. I actually am retro posting this, because well, it's still the November 2nd in my mind. Anyway, if it seems like I'm a little delirious, it's okay, I probably am.

No comments: