Sunday, March 13, 2005

My Spring Break

So we're back. Spring break was good. I went to South Beach with a bunch of people from school, got into this ultra exclusive club, ran into P-Diddy, Lindsey Lohan, one half of the Olsen twins and Usher all in the same night, got a record deal and am flying out to California next week to begin work in the studio.

Okay, everything I just said was a lie. I'm sorrry. I know you wanted to know if I got their autographs. Here's what I really did over spring break.

Upon arriving at home Friday evening, I was whisked away to University High School where they were having a benefit to raise money for States. We got there late. The house manager, who happens to be...well, let's just say he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer, decided that people shouldn't be let in late. So we didn't get in. I was quite a bit irritated. Who does that? My parents, brother, brother's better half, and I went to Marble Slab and partook of the Lord's Goodness. I had butter pecan.

I didn't stay up really late, I had pulled an all-nighter the night before. Yay.

Saturday passed like any other Saturday around my house, except that we began moving furniture to take up the carpet so they could install wood floors. It wasn't that bad really.

With Sunday came further deconstruction of order around the house. Various pieces of furniture moved into the parlor/living room (whatever you want to call it), and I began preparing myself for my oral surgery Monday morning.

My alarm went off at 6:45AM Monday, and I rolled out of bed, very conscious of my parched throat and my restriction drinking and eating. I got dressed and stumbled out to the van, at which point Dad drove me to the oral surgeon's office. I don't really remember much from that morning. It flew past pretty quickly, mostly because I was sedated. I don't remember walking out to the car, although I do remember buckling my seatbelt and various turns on the way home. I went to sleep in the couch with ice packs around my head, doing my best Vincent Van Gogh impression. I took a pain pill some time in the early afternoon. I slept the rest of the afternoon, the pain medication really knocked me out. That evening I had a satisfying dinner of Cottage Cheese and Apple Sauce...mm..mm..good. Seriously, I don't know what people have against cottage cheese, it's really wonderful stuff, especially when you can't feel your lips. I stayed up late that night, I couldn't sleep after spending all day sleeping...go figure.

The rest of the week I did a lot of sleeping, playing Nintendo, a little bit of reading, nothing productive. The surgery did not really knock me out too bad, I was up and about the day after. I had a slight case of lopsided chipmunk cheeks, but that's to be expected.

The house is still in a state of upheaval. As it turns out, most of the furniture on the first floor had to be moved, so it was all packed into the kitchen, foyer and garage. It's really quite impressive.

Saturday was my mom's birthday. My brother and I forgot. He snuck out and got a card while I was cooking dinner. It was awesome. I burned the pecan pie, and it was still soupy. The filet-mignon, however, was awesome. So was the pillar of smoke I had coming out of the grill. Equally awesome.

Anyway, it's getting late. I'm going to do some reading now. Jane Eyre, it's a good book, you should read it.

No comments: