Sunday, November 19, 2006

Thoughts on Dorm Life

I was looking at some pictures on Facebook a few minutes ago (a little stalkerish? I think so!) and saw pictures of freshman from my Community Group hanging out together on Landis Green. I couldn't help but wonder if my college career would have been different. I was in a Bible Study my freshman year, but I never really bonded with any of them. Some would later become good friends, but the majority are people who I nod to when I see them. I know their names, and that is all. I second guess myself. Should I have done something different? Would it have changed everything if I had lived in the same building as some of those people? Would I live in Bradford Oaks with the rest of the people in Crusade, or would I still be living at where I live?

It's hard to say, and I think it is in my nature to lament the choices of my past. I've always been one to exist on the edge of the crowd, watching from a distance as the people in the middle go about their lives. I am the outsider. That one person who everyone is aware of when present, but does not notice when they are gone.

I'm going to stop second guessing myself. It's not healthy, and it really doesn't change anything. But I would still like to know what would be different.

No comments: