Sunday, November 25, 2007

A Possibly Dubious Distinction and the Poster



I saw this badge browsing the blog-o-sphere and thought it was interesting. Apparently some website thinks my blog is written on a post-graduate reading level. I wonder what their criteria are, especially since it takes mere seconds to decide the level of writing. I also wonder if I should take that as a complement. Is that just a polite way of saying my writing is incomprehensible to the majority of the English speaking world? Does it have more to do with lack of typos and average length of words than actual writing quality? Isn't the goal to be understood rather than sound intelligent through the use of unnecessarily long words?

Whatever the case, congratulate yourself, dear reader, on being educated enough to understand my writing. If nothing else, get a good chuckle out of this. I did.

Here's what I worked on this weekend. Hurray for Photoshop and free 30-day trials. This is the poster that I will hopefully be getting printed some time this week. I also made the tickets, which should also be printed sometime this week. I think they look pretty snazzy. If you're wondering, the drawing is the frontispiece from an early edition of A Christmas Carol. I really like the black and white look. No goofy Christmas red and greens here. Anyway, if you happen to be in the Orlando area in two weeks (December 6, 7 & 8), you should come see it, if only because you know me, and you know that the Colonial Drama Department needs money, and who doesn't like watching train wrecks? Perhaps if you're feeling especially charitable (it is Christmas, after all) you could print out the poster and hang it in your place of business, or simply spread the word.

P.S.
You maybe wondering, "why the random post?" That's right, I have work to do.

P.S.2
I made my post quota for November as well! Dare I hope for an extra to make up for my abysmal summer post rate?

No comments: