Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Ode to the Coffee Pub

There's this little coffee shop in Tallahassee which has become popular with countless FSU students for it's coffee and atmosphere. C. introduced me to the Coffee Pub one evening last Spring semester, and it quickly became my study spot, my hangout, my escape. On more than one occasion I found myself twisted up with a book and a steaming cup of tea in one of the comfy chairs in the corner furtively watching the people around me as I tried to make sense of Beckett, or Virginia Wolff, or Stoppard (oh, Stoppard!). Some evenings when I didn't have much to do, I would just sit and journal, sipping the amazing Mighty Leaf tea with honey.

On evenings like tonight, I want nothing more than to sit and listen to the low hum of college students doing homework and chatting with friends, having conversations that don't relate to someones boyfriend, or High School Musical (the bane of my existence). I miss intelligent conversation, and being around people who have heard of the Lost City of Atlantis (no, not the ride), or Death Valley, or Tibet. There is only so much high school jabber a person can take.

If anyone knows of a good coffee shop in the East Orlando area, please share (Starbucks and Barnie's do not count).

No comments: