Thursday, January 08, 2009

In Which I Wonder Whether Netflix Is Worth It During the School Year

I got Netflix last summer, and boy did I use it. I watch a new movie almost every single day and loved nearly every minute of it (there were a few duds). But recently, I've been wondering if it's worth getting the three movies at a time package. On evenings such as this when I am busy working on grading papers convincing myself that I will work on grading papers very soon, the movies, in conjunction with whatever is on TV that evening, only provide another excuse to not do what I'm supposed to. I have contemplated doing my work in front of the TV, but I find that I just get annoyed after a while and end up watching TV and not grading things; how dare work infringe on mindless entertainment.

Anyway, I do like having numerous options on the weekends (especially since college football will be over in 24 hours), so maybe I'll hold on to it. Besides, I'm a drama teacher, watching movies is part of my job. Right? Right?

No comments: