Monday, January 26, 2009

A Very Bad Dream

I dreamt last night that there was a serial killer (something akin to the guy in "Silence of the Lambs") that marked people walking into bookstores for slaughter later. In this dream I was unfortunate enough to walk into said bookstore. I don't remember how exactly it happened, but somehow I ended up going to this guy's house (it had something to do with one of my students saying something like, "Come on, Miss, he's really not that scary"). I found myself lying on the floor behind a bed with the serial killers feet clearly visible on the other side. Just as his knee touched the ground, Bard ran across my legs and woke me up. My heart was pounding as I jolted out of bed, and I was disoriented until I remembered where I was, and that there wasn't actually a serial killer after me. That was the worst nightmare I can remember since I was six and I dreamt that the entire house was covered in snakes.

Point being: I haven't been sleeping well lately. The bad dreams are just kind of adding to it. I blame it on the stress. Kind of reminds me of the Nightmare Island in the Voyage of the Dawn Treader.

No comments: