Sunday, December 21, 2003

The Gang's All Home

This evening was the first reunion of 'the gang,' my rather small group of high school and now college friends, since school began. We had all seen one another from time to time, but nothing compares to having everyone under the same roof again, even the [un]fortunate few who attend school out-of-state. We once again segregated ourselves into the guys and girls. The boys chose to huddle around the (3) television[s] watching "Randy the Reindeer" (it is Christmas after all), and playing two different games. The girls played cards at the kitchen table and talked between frantic rounds of Nerts. I actually won a couple of times too. After several rounds of Nerts, most of the girls adjourned to the living room where we discussed boys and our periods (well what else is there to talk about?), for which we were duly mocked by our male friends. Then someone decided to whip out this balance board thing. I took it upon myself to entertain everyone by wobbling around on this thing then shooting it out from under myself and falling (rather hard) on my butt/side. After that initial ouch...and what am I doing on the floor, I found it quite funny, as did my good friend who was doing her best not to explode in a burst of laughter whilst I writhed with pain on the floor. Actually the writhing didn't really happen, it looked more like lying in a big heap moaning, but writhing is such a nice word, no? I have many times fallen before, but never so hard, and never on concrete covered in carpet. Needless to say, I remained relatively inactive for the remainder of the evening. So now I'm lying in bed a few hours later, wondering if I'm going to get a nice shiny bruise for my trouble.

No comments: