Monday, July 23, 2007

Deathly Hallows

I finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows around 6:3o yesterday evening. When I finally put the book down I was glad that no one else was around because I looked liked I'd recently been crying (I had), smelled like I'd spent more than 24 hours (with a good 7.5 hours of sleeping) in bed, leaving it only for food and bathroom breaks (I had), and felt simultaneously elated and aimless. Now that my weekend of Potter-mania was over, I had no idea what to do with the rest of my time. I was very close to picking up the book and starting over again, knowing that my first read was extremely fast, and that I therefore missed many of the minute details. But the thought of going through all 759 pages again was a bit daunting. This thought, coupled with the realization that reading it again would mean that one of my coworkers would have to wait longer to read it (as they are waiting on my copy), prevented me opening the book.

I got to work today hoping that at least one other person would have finished, but alas, I was disappointed and had to bite my tongue many times throughout the day as we discussed the series up to the end of book six. Hopefully tomorrow will yield more people who have finished the book, so I can finally start talking about this with people.

No comments: