Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Interview

I got a call this afternoon from a phone number that I thought I recognized. The voice on the other end of the phone confirmed that. It was the person in charge of interviewing perspective English teachers at University High School. She asked me if I could come in for an interview. Of course I said yes.

So I have an interview this Thursday at 10:00 AM.

I'm nervous, and I have no idea what to wear. I spent two hours shopping after work this evening and got a shirt, but no pants. Needless to say, I'm going to the mall tomorrow, and hopefully I will find a classy suit.

And as for the actual interview preparation, I don' t know where to start. There is so much to think about, how to handle discipline issues, what qualifies me for that particular job in the first place, why I want to be a teacher. I spent some time online reading up on possible interview questions, and I realized that I don' t know the answer to quite a few of them. But at least it's a place to start.

Today on a whole has been really draining for me. I didn't get enough sleep last night (completely my own fault) to start, and then I got the call from UHS this afternoon, then I spent half of my evening stressing about clothes (stupid clothes), and then I spent the rest of it dwelling alternately on the impending interview and "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" (which was fabulous, by the way). So, I will finish this day with a quick nap before I have to be up tomorrow morning for work. Oh bother.

No comments: