Monday, August 25, 2008

What Are You Afraid Of?

Ever since I was a little girl, I've had an overactive imagination. I used to hate going to the bathroom at night because there was a shadow in the back stairs which looked, to my childish eye, like the Egyptian god Anubis. Eventually I grew out of my fear of the shadow monsters, but I still find myself falling prey to the unseen terrors in my life. Sometimes it stops me from writing what I want to write on this blog (which isn't necessarily a bad thing, especially when it comes to work). Other times it just raises my blood pressure and begins hours of useless worry.

This evening, the end of a particularly bad day, I ask myself, "What are you afraid of?" And perhaps more importantly, why?

On the bright side, I passed my General Knowledge Exam. Whoo hoo.

No comments: