Monday, January 22, 2007

All At Once

It has been a really long time since I posted. For now, I'll chalk it up to school, Crusade, IM Soccer, and house stuff all starting at once. The past week has been strangely busy and un-busy. Let me explain. I have classes Tuesdays and Thursdays, with Monday, Wednesday and Fridays off. One would think that those 24 hour periods might be spent doing something productive, but I find myself waking up at noon on those days and lazing about until dinner time. I justify this by saying that I'm recovering from the previous days which overflow with activity. And somehow it always ends up that I get more homework done on the days that are packed than on the days that are completely empty. One would think that after 4 years of IB in high school, and 3.5 years of college that I would be better at time management and self-motivation, yet I remain a college senior on the verge of graduating who can't seem to get her homework done. Proposed solution: get more busy.

Anyway. I'm going to bed now. One element of the "get more busy" plan is waking up at 6 A.M. to go to the gym with C. That and planning excessively extravagant meals for myself to cook. What was I thinking?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I have Mondays off and I do NOTHING. . . and then feel bad about it. after 2 years of IB and 3.5 years of college, I've forgotten how to relax. I can successfully do nothing, but not without feeling guilty about it. :-p

Amy V

Laura said...

Hark ye, what is this? A comment? And posted on my blog no less!

The crazy thing about me is I'll relax by goofing off on line when I could/should be sleeping, especially considering that I spend much of the day pining for my bed. I have to say, I'm a little bit ridiculous.

Anyway, horray for comments and replies to comments!

Anonymous said...

so hey my girls. maybe we should all just resort to talking by leaving comments on Laura's blog since none of us ever talk in any other context. :-P Well Amy and I are trying to do lunch or something...busy busy bee.
yay laura! You should come visit some weekend and the 3 of us could spend some quality HS reunion times. I bet it'd be great for laughs! love you
-desiree

Laura said...

That's fine by me, it'll make me look popular :-).

We should hang out some time, do lunch, chat, laugh, be silly. I have lots of time that I can make free.