Wednesday, January 03, 2007


I guess this post requires some explanation. Matt Beard was my neighbor at school, he lived in the Rotary Scholarship House, and I live next door. I met Matt in Fall of 2004 when ADK-Rotary relations began to blossom and we actually spent some time with each other. Since that semester Matt and I were on friendly terms. We would say "hi" to each other as we passed on campus. I got to know him a little better this last semester when I spent more time with the boys next door. Most of the time I saw him he was studying for something in the dining room. I would throw darts and we'd chat about whatever. We were not close, but I counted him among my friends.

Shortly before Christmas he was in a car accident caused by a drunk driver. The injuries sustained in the collision put him into a coma. He died last Friday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The name sounds familiar. Who was Matt?

-amy