Monday, January 08, 2007

Opening Sentences

For the first time in a long time, I'm sitting down to write without having any topic in mind. Over the break I constantly constructed opening sentences for posts in my head. "When did Christmas become just another day?" or "With every day that I work at a desk job, I become more and more convinced that people were meant to work outside." For some reason, I never sat down to actually flesh out those thoughts. Perhaps it was the death of a friend, or simply laziness and an absence of the desire to do something productive--it was Christmas after all. The Nintendo Wii probably had something to do with it as well. Whatever the case, I didn't write (or read, for that matter) as much as I had intended. Now that the semester has started and I have a pile of books to read that is no less than one and a half feet tall, I doubt I will get to read what I wanted to read or write over Christmas vacation.

And now for some random thoughts.
The O on my keyboard feels funny, like there's something under it.
I hope they don't deposit my house bill check until financial aid comes in.
Books this semester were obscenely expensive (>$315). Thank goodness for Bright Futures and generous old ladies.
I'm pretty sure my Theatre Encounters professor is a feminist. Book list includes:

  • Caryl Churchill- "Top Girls"
  • Suzan-Lori Parks - "The America Play"
  • Paula Vogel - "How I Learned to Drive"
  • Lillian Hellman - "The Children's Hour"
  • Theresa Rebeck - "The Family of Mann"
  • Eve Ensler - "The Good Body"
  • Alice Childress - "Wedding Band"
That will be...fun...
My bathroom smells funny. Always.
The distance from Tallahassee to Orlando makes a big difference temperature wise. Current temperature in Tallahassee: 59 degrees Fahrenheit. Current temperature in Orlando: 72 degrees Fahrenheit.
You can't make everyone happy.
I enjoy solitude.
Having a video games at school is weird (enjoyable, but weird).

No comments: