Monday, October 25, 2004

Frozen Fruit Cups and Such

You know those fruit cups you get at the grocery store that have mixed fruit or pineapple or pickled pigs feet? Well, I happen to love those a lot. It's really unnatural. Anyway, somebody put a couple of these in the freezer, and I was like, "Oh, sweet, it's like a popsicle!" There is a difference, however between these things an popsicles: the wrapper on popsicles is removable. With the fruit cups you have kind of lick to top until it starts getting soft enough to squeeze, but by that point it time, your tongue is pretty much numb from licking the icy surface, so you can't really taste it. It's cruel really. Like how you kill a wolf in winter. You know, put a bloody knife in the snow so that it freezes over then the wolf comes a long and licks it so by the time it gets to the knife it's tongue is numb, so it can't tell that it's actually bleeding to death. Or something like that. It's a little gross, and I honestly would rather not thing about it. Anyway, once it gets softened up and the feeling returns to your tongue it's really quite good. You should try it.

Last night I had a paper to write on Bertolt Brecht's Mother Courage and Her Children. I was feeling in a rather artsy mood, and not in the mood to sit in front of a computer screen for hours on end, so I wrote the first draft by hand. And can you believe it, it took me less time to write it by hand then it would to write it on computer. Not because I write faster than I type, by no means, but I think it's that my brain could actually keep up with my writing speed, so I spent less time sitting idle and writing things like "Bertolt Brecht should die!" due to the lack of things to say. I don't think that really made any sense. Anyway, I typed up the paper in the half hour or so I had between my first and second class. But I was five words short, so I'm gonna go round out my conclusion. I hate conclusions. I never know what to say.

No comments: