Monday, October 18, 2004

One of those rare days in which I post more than once...

So, as I said in the title for this post, I don't usually post in the same day. I'm usually not inspired to post more than once. I can only be so funny. But this post probably won't be on the funny side, just to give you some fair warning. (Wow, that is almost Brecht-ish.) I'm feeling a little melancholy at the moment. After browsing through a friend's live journal, my mind wandered to some other friends who also have live journals, and I spent the next half hour or so searching for them. Well, I found them in the vast jumble of people that is the live journal database, and proceeded to read their most recent posts. The posts were a little depressing to say the least for a few reasons:

1. The content of the post was depressing, addressing feelings of inadequacy, loneliness, etc etc. Anything that will make you depressed was in there.
2. The realization that I see these people around campus maybe once or twice a month, in comparison to the every day all day that used to be the reality.
3. Their lifestyle choices aren't exactly what I would consider moral. I'll leave it at that. I think all of us have friends that fall under a similar category.

So anyway, that has left me in this state of semi-depression/misery...that and the fact that I either can't go to Wal-Mart tonight or can't go to this extra credit thing for my Play Analysis class, not that I really need it, I just want a cushion if I happen to be late or absent one day, in case of getting hit by one of the crazy TalTran [I know, it's a tacky name, but I didn't come up with it, cause if I did the consequences would be grave] bus drivers.

Okay, so sorry for this whole post, I'm usually not this somber, in fact, I hate it being dark and gloomy. Life is too much fun to be taken seriously. So, back to my cheerful self next post. See you on the sunny side.

No comments: