Wednesday, October 09, 2002

Hello, my name is Laura and I'm a tired IB student. What in the world is IB you might be wondering. That means I get to work my butt off for an ugly piece of paper (it really is...it's got this nasty color of teal, and purple and a few other's that DON'T GO TOGETHER!! And it's written in 3 languages cause it's INTERNATIONAL, but to tell you the truth, the only one I care about is English, cause that's the one I read...well, I can read basic Spanish too, but that doesn't matter) that I might receive at the end of my Senior year of High School...maybe. If you happen to be wondering what the heck ToK is...well, you're in luck, because I'm about to whine about it for a few paragraphs, or perhaps not so much, because I have a 1000-1500 word essay to write due TOMORROW!! AAAAAHHHHHH!!!

Theory of Knowledge: IB's way of making people think about how they know something, or more importantly why you don't really know anything. Okay, not really, but that's what it seems like sometimes (my teacher would totally rip that sentence apart...give me a second and I'll get to him). Anyway, right about now ToK is my least favorite class in the world for several reasons:
1. I'm up at 10:30 and I still have 1000 something words to write
2. Mr. Boyte is a tough teacher and I really despise tough teachers.
3. There are some really smart idiots in my class who ...for some reason...enjoy getting us yelled at and get our study hall time revolked...thanks a lot guys.
4. You have to work in ToK
5. You have to think in ToK

Those are my reasons for disliking ToK. Thank goodness it is almost over. But that is a moot (I don't know how to spell that, but I know what I mean...and hopefully you do too:-) point. I still have to work for another week. (Thankfully at the end of that week I will be coming up on a 5 day weekend...yes I said 5 DAY WEEKEND!!! Halleluah thank you Jesus! Mr. Boyte's one saving grace is that he is the Senior class sponsor...so that means he's the one that gets us (as seniors) excellent creations like SENIOR SKIP DAY (which my parents have graciously allowed me to participate in) and GRADUATION!!!! Less than 140 school days left everyone!!! Yay boh! (if you didn't understand that...it's okay...just a drama thing.))<---that looks like Calculus (another class created by the DEVIL!!!). Die calculus die!! As you can see I will never be a mathematics major in college (or philosophy, or engineering, or anything that has to do with logical thinking...cause I really suck at that!) Anyway, I really have to go work on this paper, because I'm tired and I want to go to bed...I am after all in need of sleep!! If you were wondering about Mr. Boyte, I'm sure I will find reason to complain about him again...
...MORE TO COME!! (maybe...if I don't DIE from ToK first)!

No comments: