Wednesday, October 30, 2002

Okay, so it's been a while since I had the time to do this, or was even on the computer even if I had the time to do this. I should probably say lack of time since that is when I usually post something. Yes, well, enough of that. You may be wondering what kind of drudgery brings me to my keyboard this time? Another ToK Paper perhaps? English maybe? History? No my dear friends and faithfull readers, it is none of these. This time I sit here writing a paper that is not affiliated with any "class" so to speak. I'm writing my extended essay. Uh huh, the long one that I've been complaining about for EVER!!! I have discovered that the process of editing isn't nearly as difficult as I though it would be. I have read through it 6 or 7 times and I have continually found mistakes. My biggest problem is that I am generally long winded and should be cutting a lot of stuff that I write. My dad read it and he said it needs a lot of cleaning up, but other than that it's really interesting. I am so glad I picked something that I'm interested in, cause if I didn't life would totally suck.

On the topic of sucking, soccer try-outs started this week. This is the only thing I really hate about soccer, all the crap we have to do to get on the team in the first place. Monday was okay, but rather boring, cause I didn't really have much to do since that is the day when Stone (my coach) checks out the newbys and sees what they are made of. I took the 2 freshmen trying our for MY POSITION off and we did some warm-ups and then had Monica (and the rest of the returning varsity team) take some shots. That was actually kind of fun, except for the whole ball traveling at 100mph straight for my head, but that doesn't matter, it's my job after all. Tuesday was much much much (much times infinity) worse, cause that was the day of our traditional 30 minute run. It sucked, and more importantly I sucked. I ran (more like walk-jogged) 2 miles, which is really really bad. Anyway, I got over it, cause today was even harder. Today was keeper try-outs. You might be thinking, "what's so hard about that? You stand in a 6 yard box and block balls!" On the surface, yes, that is what I do. When you add in the factor of jumping up and down, and up and down, etc. it get's a little more complicated. Then add the jumping and catching, and then it's even more complicated. I was, still am, extremely exhausted. My neck hurts too. I landed kind of hard and my head bounced. Have you ever felt like your brain just kind of rattled in your head and hit your skull? That's what it felt like. As it turns out there really is nothing wrong with my head, just the muscles in my neck that are horribly sore.

Right now I am listening to a reproduction of Orson Welles' "The War of the Worlds." It's kind of scary, slightly corny, but good nonetheless. I love the radio. I don't know why they don't keep making radio theater. I would listen to it, and I would love it too. Adventures in Odyssey is so wonderful (if you don't know what that is go to www.whitsend.org and you'll find out). Anyway, I have to get back to my essay. Bye.

No comments: