Wednesday, October 16, 2002

Okay, so I finished my ToK essay and all the editing. So it's ready to go. I usually would refer to my previous blog of the night at this point, however, I can't see it cause my computer (or the website) is being a pain and not showing it to me (grrr). So anyway, I think the last time I checked I was going off on the injustices of IB and how bad it sucks. But what else is new, right? Oh yeah, shopping for a dress. For all the guys out there...you have it easy, I promise. It's like this. You go to one store, you find a really nice dress that you really really like. Yeah, too expensive. Same scenario at a different store...yeah, don't have your size. There's always something going wrong. I've been to two malls and countless stores (8 actually), didn't have anything. So I went to Wal-Mart today to look through catelogs of dress patterns so my mother and I could make my dress (or should I say my mother, because if I did something with the dress other than wear it, it would probably end up looking like a molting bird or some other animal). Anyway, I get home, and my mom is like, that's gonna cost around $100 JUST FOR THE MATERIAL!!! It's CLOTH! How expensive can it be? Some people really make a killing on Prom/Homecoming. And what's the whole thing with not being cosure to wear the same dress to Prom/Homecoming? I think it's just something made up by the fashion people to make you spend more money per year. School dances are such a pain. And for a few hours of sweating on a dance floor to a bad DJ (at least that's what I've heard, having never been to one myself). Blah. Anyway, I still have a crap load of music to listen to for my scene tomorrow and a costume to prepare, and a bunch of other stuff to do too. Parting is such sweet sorrow that I will say goodnight till it be morrow (or whenever I get around to writing again).

No comments: